We are aware of school policies that make it difficult for children to be out of school for any reason. However, please remind the schools that medical and dental appointments are excused absences.
- The office attempts to schedule appointments at your convenience and when time is available.
- Preschool children should be seen in the morning because they are fresher and we can work more slowly with them for their comfort.
- School children with a lot of work to be done should be seen in the morning for the same reason.
- Missing school can be kept to a minimum when regular dental care is continued.
- Arriving 15 minutes late or more for any appointment may require rescheduling so other patients are not kept waiting. This is considered a broken appointment.
Since appointed times are reserved exclusively for each patient, we ask that you please notify our office 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment time if you are unable to keep it. Another patient who needs our care could be scheduled if we have sufficient time to notify them. We realize that unexpected things can happen, but we ask for your assistance in this regard.
If for any reason you fail to come or cancel an after school appointment, the missed appointment will be rescheduled during school time.
We reserve the right to charge a missed appointment fee for excessive broken or missed appointments. Please remember that broken appointments affect many people not just you.
We make every effort to maintain our appointment schedule, and generally do. Occasionally, we treat emergencies (such as traumatic injuries) which demand immediate attention. Please understand that you would wish us to treat your child immediately in a similar situation.
Payment for professional services is due at the time dental treatment is provided. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. (VISA, MasterCard and Discover).
PLEASE UNDERSTAND that we file dental insurance as a courtesy to our patients. We do not have a contract with your insurance company, only you do. We are not responsible for how your insurance company handles its claims or for what benefits they pay on a claim. We can only assist you in estimating your portion of the cost of treatment, we at no time guarantee what your insurance will or will not do with each claim. We also can not be responsible for any errors in filing your insurance, once again we file claims as a courtesy to you.
If we do not receive payment within 45 days, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
Please know that the parent or guardian bringing the child to our office is legally responsible for all charges and payments regardless of what a divorce decree may state. We cannot send any statements to other addresses.